The first thing your potential audience sees is your headline. The overall quality of your headlines will directly affect your success, so a powerful headline is a key to success.
Sadly, too many people spend a lot of time on their content, yet too little time brainstorming, researching or testing their headlines. It can mean wasting hours of your time on brilliant content, just to have it totally overlooked.
The headline needs to catch people’s interest and pull them in.
Poor headlines mean you are missing out on:
- More traffic from Google
- More click-throughs from your paid advertising or social media networks
- More opens and click-throughs with your email marketing
- More people reading your content, beyond your headline, therefore more sharing, more exposure and ultimately, more business and success.
Even if you are already hitting it with your headlines, I believe you will get a lot out of this infographic by QuickSprout‘s Neil Patel.
If you really want to get the greatest results from your content, spend as much time crafting the headline as you do writing the post.
Share below any headline tips you would like to add.
Latest posts by Carolyn Wilson (see all)
- 10 Sure-Fire Ways Your Website Can Generate Leads - July 16, 2018
- How Growth Driven Design Beats Traditional Web Design - May 21, 2018
- How To Maximise Your Website ROI – Growth Driven Design - April 19, 2018